Curriculum Notes Wk beg 11.03.2019
Phonics: Now that the children have learnt all of their Phase 3 phonic sounds we will be focusing on them applying these to read and write. We will also have a key word of the week which the children must include in their writing.
This week’s high frequency reading words are: is, it, at, in, and, the, to, no, go, I, he, she, we, me, be, was, my, you, they, said, have, so and do.
This week’s topic: Under the sea/assembly practise.
Skills we will be teaching them:
- Rehearsing for our year group assembly, learning our lines and songs.
- Creating ‘under the sea’ art using a range of materials and techniques for use in our year group assembly.
- To use our phase 3 phonic knowledge to support writing in sentences using capital letters, full stops and consistently sized, correctly formed letters.
- To explore sharing, halving and doubling quantities in mathematics.
- To discuss our understanding of what distance is and carry out simple tests to see which items travel the furthest.
- To read with our teachers using our phase 3 phonic skills to decode and blend new words and explain our understanding of what we have read.
- To continue to practice our handwriting using correctly formed and consistently sized letters.
- To participate in a group physical development activity using apparatus to travel over, under, along and around encouraging collaborative working and co-operation.
- For the children to continue to practise their words for our year group assembly. In addition, children can also continue to practise their handwriting using the cursive handwriting sheet issued previously to support writing to help ensure children form their letters correctly.