Curriculum Notes Wk. beg 01.04.2019
Phonics: Now that the children have learnt all of their Phase 3 phonic sounds we will be focusing on them applying these to read and write. We will also have a key word of the week which the children must include in their writing.
This week’s high frequency reading words are: is, it, at, in, and, the, to, no, go, I, he, she, we, me, be, was, my, you, they, said, have, so and do.
This week’s topic: Easter
Skills we will be teaching them:
- To participate in a whole class ‘Language Alive’ interactive theatre performance (this was unfortunately cancelled last week)
- To add finer detail to our Easter cards
- To apply all of our Phonic knowledge to write in full sentences remembering to use capital letters, finger spaces and full stops
- To use different tools and materials to create a variety of Easter craft
- To practise and improve our skill of weaving
- To read our Storyworld books and develop our ability answer questions based upon the text.
- To improve our throwing and catching skills and to take part in a variety of group games
- To learn the story of ‘George and the Dragon’ and celebrate St Georges day
- To look at and consider British Values and how this applies to our school
Children to complete the Easter pattern sheet. Some of these have been started for the children and others have been left blank for the children to complete their own. Please encourage the children to read the pattern out loud before colouring the next part.
Next Thursday is St Georges day and for this we would like the children to come in English patriotic colours. For example, red, white and blue. On the letter regarding this day we mentioned a donation of £1 to be given in exchange for the children coming in non-uniform.
Next Friday is a teacher training day so please don’t send the children in!
Finally, this week we have completed lots of different assessments and ALL of the children have made superb progress! You should be so proud of them. As a team we would like to thank you for all of your support at home.