It’s been another great week in Reception! We have become dinosaur hunters and made excellent use of all of the toilet rolls you donated so thank you. We have had great fun reading ‘Dinosaurs Love Underpants’ and creating lots of fabulous art around this book.
- Recap – s a t p i n ck o e
- Learn – h r g u
Keywords: is at in and the to no go I
Next week we will be reading ‘Harry and the Dinosaurs’ and ‘Pirates, Aliens and Monsters Love Underpants’. We will be using the books as a stimulus to inspire us in a range of activities such as: making marks while hunting for dinosaurs; continuing a rhyming string; forming recognisable cursive letters; experimenting with texture to create giant dinosaurs; following instructions to draw dinosaurs with chalk and engaging in role play using characters from the stories.
We need your help! In November, each child will need a large smooth stone that they will be transforming into a secret Christmas gift.
Please can all children have a pair of named wellies in school ASAP due to the weather changing.
Please keep practising doing up coats independently.
- phonics sheet / handwriting sheet – smiley faces for those who hand those in!
- Story world /Bug Club book. Please return your book every week because we don’t have spare copies to give out to other children the following week.
- Key words – please keep practising Key words. We are making great progress!
- Bug Club – please log in and share books together because they are a great resource for speaking and listening.
- Mathletics – Use your log in and see if you can score 1000 points. We have noticed lots of children winning certificates so keep up the good work!
Have a great weekend! 🙂
The Reception Team